Monday, March 7, 2011

a few faces of Joe Bacon

When I embarked on the photography project which eventually became my book A Place Like No Other:  people of an enchanted land, I made environmental portraits of a good number of artists.  It is one of my passions.  Each person has many looks, many faces, as it were, and it is a challenge for me to capture as many as I can.

This week, I returned to photographing an artist and his work.  Joe Bacon is an extraordinary textile artist who weaves and creates original needlepoint art with colors and designs that reflect Central and South America.  He is also a man of many wonderful faces.  Three of them appear here, along with one of his needlepoint pieces.










enjoy March in all its fickle glory!

until next week,

DB

a passion for the image

3 comments: