Sunday, April 3, 2011

a voice from the not too distant past

From 1995 until 2002, I traveled New Mexico's highways - single lane and interstates alike - stopping along the way to photograph people in the state for a book that would become A Place Like No Other:  people of an enchanted land.  One of the people I photographed is Conroy Chino.  You may know him from his work at several Albuquerque television stations, as New Mexico Secretary of Labor, and/or for his work with the state legislature.  The photo shoot I had with him at Acoma Pueblo was a joy.  He also wrote a perspective on Acoma for the book, which made it that much richer.

Two weeks ago, I received an email from him and it reminded me of that shoot.  In the next few blogs, I will share photographs of some of the amazing people with whom I had the honor of working for that book.  These will not necessarily be the images that were used in the book because I generally shot two to three rolls of Ilford 400 220 film of each person.  That made the selection process difficult in almost all cases.  Below are three shots of Conroy.










Don't blow away in the April winds while you photograph the world.

until next Monday,

DB

a passion for the image



No comments:

Post a Comment