Monday, June 6, 2011

Wedding season and it is all in the details!

Late spring, summer, and autumn seem to be the most popular times for couples to be married in the colder or high altitude climates of America.  This is particularly true if an outdoor wedding is being planned.  Just as there are seemingly hundreds of decisions for the bride and groom to make, the wedding photographer has his or her part of pre-shoot planning to do.  Will it be film or digital?  Does the couple want traditional or creative and quirky photography, or a combination of both?  What sorts of images would they like to have?  I find myself keeping a folder for each wedding, making many lists, double checking, and trying to communicate with the wedding party up until the day of the wedding.  Even to the extent of making sure that the vehicle I will be driving will get me to the wedding on time!

A photographer's mind can be in a real muddle but the more advanced planning one does, the better.  When the wedding day arrives, you can really have fun with the shoot.  One of the things that makes a wedding shoot special is the ability to capture details within the event.

Here is one of the grooms men's hands during the ceremony.  A good place to the keep nerves in check.




To me, the color and drape of the fabric of one bridesmaid's gown was absolutely stunning, and warranted a shot in between group setups.




During the wedding I shot last Saturday, the groom and his band rocked.  He had at least three guitars that I saw.  This is a detail of one of them.




Throughout the wedding season, I will feature some of my wedding images and experiences on this site.

until next Monday,

DB

a passion for the image


No comments:

Post a Comment