Monday, May 7, 2012

Mural art

Humans probably began painting walls as soon as their need for food and survival had been met.  The need to create and paint is in our DNA, and that need is perhaps even more apparent today.

Here are two wonderful pieces at Warehouse 21 in Santa Fe.






I have always admired muralists and their work, whether the medium is mosaic, some sort of applied paper or fabric, or spray paint. I wanted to quickly create my own, and here is an immediate result using a camera.  It is a reflection created by the glass garage doors of the Farmers' Market and the building across the railroad tracks from it at the Rail Yard in Santa Fe.



My thanks to all who make the world a more beautiful place.

until next Monday,

DB

a passion for the image

1 comment:

  1. It's fun to see these, the second of which I framed almost exactly the same way. I somehow missed Jimmy. How'd that happen?

    ReplyDelete