Saturday, June 2, 2012

Poppy moon

There are blue moons, harvest moons, new moons and full moons.   In North America, there is a name for each month's moon.  Because of that, I will take liberties and name June's (normally "honey moon") the "poppy moon" because poppies are having a massive and most gaudy bloom in northern New Mexico this year.

The garden poppy comes in a wonderful array of colors, but I tend to think of them as big as my fist, and bold and bright and red.  Georgia O'Keefe also comes to mind.  This week's images are of some exceptionally beautiful poppies in Buf's Talpa Garden.  My thanks to him for growing them.


  

The heart of the matter


I generally don't think in terms of poppies in black and white but here is one treatment that seems to work well.



until next Monday,

DB

a passion for the image


No comments:

Post a Comment