Monday, May 13, 2013

It is the season

The weather has become appreciably warmer this week, and it being the 13th, two days short of the "official" last frost, it is definitely the season of environmental portraiture, especially outside.  I am ready to go, despite any wind that might happen.  At a 2010 wedding I photographed in southern Colorado, the wind was howling to such an extent that many of the wedding party had to hold on to one another to keep from being blown over.  Although this is just a quick shot rather than a true portrait, it communicates volumes.




Here is an image from another spring time photo shoot, this one with weaver Joe Bacon.  Fortunately, the wind was cooperating.



The day Steve Immel and I shot portraits of one another, most were made in his garage, utilizing two soft boxes and different backdrops.  The photograph below was shot using isolated light outside.




Here is a quick shot of artist Paule Marx in her studio, following a photo shoot of her work.  She has one of the most radiant and beaming faces I have ever seen.  It reminds me that I need to do a shoot with her during the warm season that is now upon us.




until next Monday,

DB

a passion for the image




2 comments:

  1. Nice to see portraits on your post. Paule does have a radiant visage which you captured so well. Joe Bacon projects zest for life and I'm some haggard old dude> That sepia tone is most appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer to think of you as a handsome man of character, but I do know how you feel about how our skin becomes as we age in the high desert. That is one of the reasons I don't want to use Skype. I would freak out at how I look!

      Delete