Sunday, March 23, 2014

water, comma, water everywhere, comma

At some point during my teenage years (far too long ago for me to recall a precise date), I was required to memorize a poem, with all the punctuation, for an English class assignment.  My choice was the Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge.  Why?  That is still a mystery, but probably because the rhythm made sense and, most of all, it was easy to memorize.  Straight forward does just fine.  And I can tell you right now that there was no way I memorized it in its entirety!

The only reason I bring this up is my own (and many in the western United States) current obsession with water - truly, the lack thereof.  Except for the lucky ones (or the unlucky effected by mudslides) in Washington State, the drought continues on a huge scale, and relief has yet to come.  Comparing notes, it is making many yearn for water - still or flowing.  Here are some shots to quench our thirst for it.  The first is of Half Moon Tank, Cochise Stronghold, Dragoon Mountains, Arizona.





Here is the Rio Grande under the Gorge Bridge.  After looking at this image for some time, I discovered all sorts of stuff in the foreground on the left, including a road repair sign.  Oh, the stories this river could tell!




A reflection of the Grand Tetons in Jenny Lake.






until next Monday,

DB

a passion for the image



1 comment:

  1. This is a sweet combo, Daryl. The stillness of Half Moon Tank, the deep, cool green of the Rio Grande and the lovely panorama of Jenny Lake all tell tales of water and its beauty.

    ReplyDelete