Sunday, May 22, 2011

And now for something completely different...

...as the Monty Python group would say.

This week I had the opportunity to visit Casa Gallina.  Owner Richard Spera gave me a tour of the holiday rentals and of the reason this peaceful place is called Casa Gallina.  I got to meet Big Daddy, the rooster, and his lady friends as they searched the irrigated grass for insects and worms.  There are some thirty beauties in residence and Richard has said I can come back and photograph when the chicks hatch, in just days now.

For the time being, I will now introduce two of the ladies.




Knowing precious little about chickens and breeds, I just photographed at random.  The differences in color and consistency of their feathers is amazing.

Speaking of amazing, here is Big Daddy.  The patina and richness of colors on this rooster is astonishing.







I will never look at portraiture in quite the same way!

until next Monday,

DB

a passion for the image

No comments:

Post a Comment