Monday, May 16, 2011

Who was that masked man???

Any of you reading this who is older than, oh say 40 or so, will recognize this line from the television western The Lone Ranger.  But I often seem to encounter people I have known from the distant past who are familiar but not readily identifiable.  A photographer friend recently did a photo shoot with a woman who is running for public office in New Mexico and her name was very familiar to me but I could not place the situation in which I had known her.  It took about two hours, searching the brain, high school yearbooks, and the web before I identified her.

Alas, such is the case with Jesse Ortiz, a kind man with a wonderful face, who my husband and I encountered at the Tierra Wool Spring Festival in Los Ojos, New Mexico, near Chama.  He is a Church of Christ Minister and a member of RASA - the Rio Arriba Stuntmen Association.  I might not have been able to jog my memory about the context in which I had come into contact with him, but one thing I did know was that I had to photograph him.  Jesse was kind enough to allow that outside Tierra Wools.  Shortly thereafter, he received a casting call for a part on horseback in a film being made in Santa Fe.


         




If you need historical re-enactments or a guide for horseback pack trips in the Chama area, Jesse is your man.

until next Monday,

DB

a passion for the image

No comments:

Post a Comment