Sunday, November 13, 2011

Ab work

Despite the fact that in 1998, I had a photography exhibit at El Gancho Fitness, Swim, and Racquet Club in Santa Fe entitled Strong People: A Face of New Mexico exhibit, this week's blog shows no abs.  The images below, however, required better abdominal muscles than I have, and sent me back to the floor for more crunches.  Some of the most interesting details in nature frequently requires me, as a photographer, to be on the ground, either on my stomach or back.

For the photograph below, I was on my back but had to lift my head, neck, and upper back roughly sixty degrees off the ground, which made my mid-section quiver like mad.  That does not help when one is trying to keep a camera steady!  My apologies, but not being a mycologist, I won't label this lovely.



This shot was made on my stomach, which is considerably easier.




Lichen and moss on trees are complicated and make equally complex studies.





While exploring our world, I do my best to take in the whole picture - at eye level, above me, and below me - and then look for the details.  It doesn't always work, but my eyes are always busy.


until next Monday,

DB

a passion for the image


1 comment:

  1. I'm really liking these tight shots and they're good for the abs, too.

    ReplyDelete