Saturday, July 7, 2012

Skyward

You were right, Andrea, when you said "I bet I know what Daryl's blog will be this week".  She, my husband, Fred, and other fellow tango dancers had just finished two classes and a practice session at Taos Tango, when the Taos fireworks display began less than a mile away from the studio.  We had front row seats!

I don't always take my camera with me, but because of the recent thunderstorms, I decided to take it just in case a weather or other phenomenon presented itself.  Because my photographic expertise does not include night time photography, I was not even thinking about photographing fireworks.  But about ten minutes into the show, it occurred to me that I had my camera and might be able to get some decent shots.  Using my forehead as a stabilizer, I held the shutter open for 2 to 15 seconds and hoped for the best.  What the lens and processor captured blew me away.


Zooming in reveals particles of light combined together to make rope, loosely woven cloth, palm trees, jellyfish and other assorted fauna and flora.











Please forgive the overload, but it was too much fun not to share!  I hope you can click on each image and view a larger version.

until next Monday,

DB

a passion for the image


2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Steve. A real babe in the woods, I am, when it comes to nighttime photography, but I management to learn a little about the types of fireworks and how they would photograph during the shoot, which is cool

    ReplyDelete