Monday, October 1, 2012

Colors of autumn


Blogs sometimes are delayed when the writer/photographer is in drift mode, taking photographs.  I have been shooting the autumn, which in our end of the Rocky Mountains this year is spectacular.  So my duty for today is to lay color at eye level for your viewing.

Bizarre as it may seem, this little creature caught my eye near Taos Ski Valley.  Insects are absolutely not my area of expertise, but this one has distinctive identifiers called "lashes".  As far as I can tell, it is the caterpillar stage of a tussock moth of some sort.



No identifier on this one.  Just a splash of color.


And what would autumn in the Rockies be without an aspen or two?




until next Monday,

DB

a passion for the image

1 comment:

  1. Love those aspens and also the leaves in the image before the aspens. Nice!

    ReplyDelete