Monday, October 29, 2012

Thinking Abiquiu

A Renaissance woman with whom my husband and I have spoken for several years at the Wool Festival in Taos, recently emailed and asked if she could paint one of my photographs.  "Naturally, I was flattered!"  (Thanks to Jennifer Jason Leigh portraying Amy Archer in The Hudsucker Proxy for that wonderful piece of dialogue.)

But the email correspondence made me flash on the beauty that is the Abiquiu area and why so many artists and photographers have been attracted to it over the years.  Season, light, and shadows can morph the geology from a lunar landscape to a circus of color in minutes








Here's to you, Deborah, and all the artists - past, present, and future - who have or will embrace the area in their work!

until next Monday,

DB

a passion for the image

1 comment:

  1. Great shots Daryl. Abiquiu is some special place isn't it?

    ReplyDelete